Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 15, 2011

20 Years of SMAP

I can't blog as much as I wanted to because of studies and work and travel, and work and studies and travel, that my body is beginning to complain now. My holiday is a few weeks away and I can't wait to be off to the beaches in Palawan, Boracay and Bali.

I'm also thankful for this short break as I can listen to some old SMAP CDs and watch SMAP on YouTube. There is one particular video that I keep going back to every time I get sentimental – a video of Kimura singing Hajimete no Chuu (First Kiss). I guess he was 23 at that time. The original Hajimete is actually a fast song, but it was awesome when Kimura sang the ballad version.



He likes experimenting with songs. He once sang a nursery song Donguri Koro Koro, but he sounded like he was singing a love song. I wish someone would share that video again.

This year, SMAP is celebrating their 20 years as a group. What a great milestone! They never even thought they would make it that long! Now, they're still thinking of keeping things going for as long as the fans cheer and love them.

It is interesting to note that on their debut 20 years ago, there was a typhoon so they sang in the rain, and at their first press conference not one question was asked by the press. (I feel a knot in my throat now) I wondered what was racing through the boys’ minds at that time. They must have made a great resolve as from thereon they became the greatest boy band ever in Japan.

I just love the thought of loving these guys. I will continue loving and supporting them forever!

Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment